August 10, 2008

Our Glorified Selves

When I was a child, I asked my mom about heaven. She was raised as a Christian Scientist -- I think they believe if the Lord wants you to live, He'll heal you -- and she married a doctor. She told me she'd been taught that in heaven we'd be our "glorified" selves.

I assume our "best" selves would mainly concern what we do rather than how we look. But looking good never hurts; and why wait for heaven?

Here's a pic of our puppy. IN our earthly reality, she has a wound over her left eye from playing with other dogs; not sure if her hair will ever grow back; but she is a chunk of heaven here today; and Photoshop brings us the appearance to match.

(Thanks, Julie, for the raincoat -- as I understand, whippet-types might really appreciate it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment