November 9, 2011

Now Online:

A piece I wrote that was published in the hard copy journal of true stories, Fray magazine, here. Illustration by Mal Jones (see more by Mal in his Flickerstream).

The piece is excerpted from a longer work-in-progress, Diary of the Dead.*

As fellow-contributor Jarrett Liotta put it, "I'm happy to get my Fray copies, which have a retail value of $60. (That's a lot of money in the Sudan.)"

Contributors other than me have written for The New York Times, Wired, Salon, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, Esquire, Bust, et al., so I felt honored to be included. The quarterly zine is edited by JPG co-founder Derek Powazek.

____________
* I picked that title long ago and wasn't going to give it up just because a cr&ppy movie came along and used it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment