July 5, 2007

Happy 4th

For nearly fifty years, I've basically felt proud of my country, despite its many flaws. Yesterday, the patriotic music clanked in my ears like, shall we say, tin drumming.

The best thing about Zogby's polls is they ask you if you consider yourself a citizen of your city or town, your nation, or the planet. I click planet, wish the universes were an option [plural intended].


If you haven't seen Keith Olbermann on the commutation of Scooter Libby's sentence, check this out. "J'accuse!" has been in my head for months; KO says it for me, brilliantly.


KO left out that when the White House blew Plame's cover, it also terminated the effectiveness of her unit, whose mission was gathering intelligence on WMD's -- things that make you go hmmm . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment