February 8, 2009

Dallas Burlesque Festival

Very enjoyable, and very well-organized for a first-time event -- the place was packed (and not just with photographers), but things went pretty smoothly; lots of enthusiasm and genuine talent (I'm trying to contact the DJ and two dancers; unfortunately there was no programme); and it was a fun way to see the partially-renovated Texas Theatre, in which Lee Harvey Oswald was apprehended.

During the warm-up and intermissions while the DJ played, I snuck past the barriers to the not-yet-renovated balcony and danced in the dark (watch out for the rubble, esp. if you're wearing heels).

I liked the art-ier acts, my sig. other liked the more traditional acts. By end of the nite I felt slightly bored by the basic strip formula (one gal, bless her, reversed it by starting in a g-string and pasties and then getting dressed) -- I'd have cut the total time of the Fest. by a half hour. But when it comes to sex, better too much than too little.

(Photos by Ben Britt.)

2 comments:

  1. I know most (if not all) of the acts that performed, if you can tell me a little about the performers you are looking for... I am Vivienne Vermuth of the Vixens of Vaudeville Revue (I performed with the golden isis wings.)
    www.myspace.com/vixensrevue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Like Viviene I know and some times hire a lot of the dancers for our shows...google spring swing burelsque revue.

    also.

    www.ladivinaburlesque.com

    ReplyDelete